1. “Madman Watch” by Diane Harvey
by searching for truth
2. “We See Too Much. We Know Too Much. That’s Our Best Defense” by John Pilger
by standing with your common sense
3. “Proud to be a Peacenik” by Richard Neville
by the small things
4. “Here. Now.” by William Rivers Pitt
by courage to speak
5. “Tim Robbins, vs. The Baseball Hall of Fame” by The Nation.com
by enlargening the word “patriotism”
6. “A Kinder, Gentler Patriotism” by Howard Zinn
by the power to feel
7. “Confronting our Fears So We Can Confront Empire” by Robert Jensen
by regrouping to a higher level
8. “Where Next for the Peace Movement” by Mike Ferner
by knowing the opponent
9. “Mesopotamia. Babylon. The Tigris and Euphrates” by Arundhati Roy
by staying true
10. “Dismantling the Infrastructure of Tyranny” by Arthur Topham
by co-ordinated peace marches and clever signs
11. “Last Call for PeaceNorth America: Bush Deaf to Protests, Say Marchers” by Katherine Stapp, Inter Press Service
by thinking in terms of “a Family of Humanity”
12. “Suicide of a Super Power” by Kerry Bowden
by thinking outside the box
13. “Why the World Suffers” by El cid
by reaching back, deep down for the American spirit (it’s in all of us)
14. “Talkin’ ‘Bout My Generation” by Laurie Manis
by knowing your convictions are more important than fame or money
15. “Anti-War Celebrities May Face Backlash” by Liza Porteus
by returning to first principles
16. “State of Hawaii Renounces USA Patriot Act” A Resolution
by continuing to resist stupidity, wherever it is
17. “Iraq War: Worse Lies Ahead A Policy of Christian and Jewish Fundamentalism” by Saul Landau
by accepting responsibility
18. “A Real Texan’s Reflections on the Iraq War and the Peace Movement” by Michael McGehee
by soul force
19. “New York City Truth March Roars Down Fifth Avenue” by Michael Cohen
by being true to the humanity of your own religion
20. “Holocaust Survivors Protest IDF Treatment of Palestinians” by Tom Regan, Christian Science Monitor
by tuning off to the propaganda machine
21. “Vic Statement on ‘Operation Iraqi Freedom’” by Victory is Certain
by saying no to the troops who are sent to war
22. “Support Our Troops” by Michael Albert, Z Magazine
by withholding your taxes
23. “Stop Funding Terrorism” by various
by constantly pointing out the hypocrisy regarding Israel
24. “Support the Syrian WMD Initiative” by Citizens for Fair Legislation
by waking up to The System
25. “Jefferson Was Right” by Dr. Mike Byron
by becoming a rebel with a cause
26. “Hell No, We Won’t Go Away! Most of the World Says No to Duya’s War” by The Hightower Lowdown
By James Salazar (10 Years Old, New York City)
Whats up with this war?
Hasn’t there been enough?
And why God Bless America?
Shouldn’t it be God Bless the World?
Why do bombs drop on babies?
Why do teenage soldiers have to die?
When can we all have peace?
In the White House the lights are on
But no one’s there.
Or is it that no one cares
Enough to see and hear all the people
What do we want? Peace. When do we want it? NOW!
Hoping that this will all be over soon.
Posted on the Independent Newswire on 20 April 2003.
Bush Machine More Powerful Than We Thought
People have underestimated the Bush Machine all along. While I think Bush is an idiot himself, he has some brilliant master manipulators behind him. He basically serves as their stooge because of his last name and the fact that most Americans are resentful of anyone with an I.Q. higher than theirs. The real brains behind the Junta are experts at spinning situations, creating crises, and propaganda. These people had this whole thing planned out years ago and every major event that has happened since the late Clinton years has been either orchestrated or exploited by this gang of thugs. Yes, it is depressing, but those who aren't sold out or hypnotized by them need to be smarter. Their goal is to wear down and divide any group that challenges their authority both at home and abroad, so they can create a one-world dictatorship with themselves at the top. The good thing is that they have brought many people together across the country and the world. All actions have reactions, and the arrogance and hypocrisy of this administration might just lead to a worldwide revolution.
Posted on the Independent Newswire on 13 April 2003.
Keep Hope Alive
“My hope is that on Monday morning the administration will realize there are two superpowers in the world: the United States and world opinion,” said the Rev. Bob Edgar, general secretary of the National Council of Churches.
Doubt the War Machine
“If a man will begin with certainties, he will end with doubts; but if he will be content to begin with doubts, he will end with certainties”
And Look to a Higher Reality
It Is Always With You
When I despair, I remember that all through history, the way of truth and love has always won. There have been murderers and tyrants, and for a time they can seem invincible. But in the end they always fall. Think of it, always.
|To first article of this Menu
Back to Phase 1 “Know” Menu for Item 15, “Remember 9-11”